Leaders: Ensamble Sakhioba (Georgia)
Title: 'Georgian polyphony'
Duration: 8 hours (two days workshop)
Date: 24.08.2016 (Wednesday)
Time: 5 pm - 9 pm
Date: 25.08.2016 (Thursday)
Time: 10 am - 2 pm
Place: room B_101, Art_Inkubator in Fabryka Sztuki in Lodz
Participants: Workshops indicated to people passionate about music and singing. Professional vocal experience is not required.
Number of participants: 15-20 people
Price: 90 pln per person
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORKSHOPS:
During the workshops with Ensamble Sakhioba the participants will learn the techniques of Georgian polyphonic singing, and learn traditional Georgian songs.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LEADERS:
Sakhioba' was formed in 2006 and has quickly established a fine reputation both domestically and internationally. The ensemble has recorded six albums and made recent successful tours of the United States and United Kingdom.
The fourteen members of Sakhioba all studied Georgian sacred music from an early age, through parish schools and church choirs. In Georgia, sacred and folk music share close ties so the singers are experts in traditional folk songs, dances and instrumental music.
Sakhioba is committed to the revival of traditional Georgian music, with special attention paid to the intonation, timbre and arrangements of traditional singers. The group performs all songs as close to their original context as possible, which also makes performances very entertaining. Work songs are sung in three or four part harmony as they would have been sung originally in the fields, dance songs come with lively martial dances, and solo ballads are accompanied by traditional instruments.
The ensemble is led by Malkhaz Erkvanidze, a world authority on Georgian polyphonic music. He has spent his life rescuing church hymns and prayers that were suppressed under Soviet communism. His six books of Georgian hymns have been published with CD's, and he has written many articles about the distinctive musical structure of Georgian polyphony. He is an experienced teacher and workshop instructor.
Registration for the workshop is organized by CHOREA Theatre.
Registration is open until July 21st, 2016.
You can register by writing an e-mail, to the address: email@example.com
The registration e-mail must contain Your name and title of the workshop and short information about why You are interested in participating in the workshop.
- Complete payment for participation in the workshops must be transfered to CHOREA Theatre bank account during 7 days from the date of registration, otherwise the reservation will be canceled.
- Number of the bank account is: 30 1060 0076 0000 3200 0092 1568 (IBAN: PL). Write Your name and the title of the workshop in the title of the bank transfer.
- The deadline for transferring full payments for participating in the workshops to CHOREA Theatre bank account is July 27th, 2016.
- CHOREA Theatre will return the payment to the sender's account, if You resign from participating in the workshops until July 20th, 2016. If the participant resigns after July 21st, 2016, CHOREA Theatre will not be able to return the payment.
- In case if CHOREA Theatre will not collect the optimal number of participants, required by the workshop leaders, the workshops will be canceled and CHOREA Theatre will return all payments to the sender's account.
- On July 21st, 2016 CHOREA Theatre will publish the information about the status of the workshops on website of Retroperspectives Festival and send e-mail information to all participants.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available for participants during the workshops. CHOREA Theatre does not provide accommodation and meals to the participants. English will be used throughout the workshop.