Title: 'Iberian Percussion'
Leaders: COETUS - Iberian Percussion Orchestra (Spain)
Duration: 3 hours
Date: 27.08.2016 (Saturday)
Time: 1 pm - 4 pm
Place: room B_101, Art_Inkubator in Fabryka Sztuki in Lodz
Participants: Workshops indicated to percussion players, drummers and other musicians as people who have never played an instrument.
Number of participants: 15-20 people
Price: 140 pln per person
Additional information: Participants must bring their own percussion instruments, all types of drums or tambourines.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORKSHOPS:
One of the objectives of Coetus is to promote and teach traditional percussion instruments and her techniques. Using a method based on the word, oral mnemonics used for years, teach popular rhythms of Península Ibérica as sevillanas, seguidillas, fandangos, charros alistanos, ajechaos, sorteaos, corridos and brincaos, corridos maragatos, jotas, etc., After learn to sing the rhythms, will transfer them to the drum that has traditionally accompanied the dances, with the characteristics of each instrument techniques.
Workshop Instruments: pandero cuadrado de Peñaparda, pandereta, pandero leonés, almirez, sartén, tabal, caja, caña rociera, cucharas, tejoletas.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LEADERS:
Coetus is the first Iberian Percussion Orchestra. It stems from the concern of the director Aleix Tobias to gather together percussion instruments found in the Iberian Peninsula. The vast majority are unknown instruments. The collection, endow their own language, inspired by traditional rhythms, but with a modern look, creating an intense dialogue with the voices.
Coetus is a latin word that means union, reunion... this is prehaps the word that best defines the essence and ambition of this group. Combining the diverse richness of the music of Iberian Peninsula, combining tradition, an alliance as ancient as it is modern. Combining art to life, to everyday music... the songs of celebration, work, prowl, lullabies are proof of that reunion.
Coetus is also a large family of musicians, where each brings his peculiarity and his knowledge, all being essential parts.
Aleix Tobias - the engine and director of the orchestra. He has the ability to unite and harmonise, to bring out the best in everyone and improve on it... His drums and percussion have played on many projects, such as Eliseo Parra Band, Tactequete, Silvia Perez Cruz, Misirli Ahmet, Erkan Ogur, Erkam Irmak, Roots Revival Romania, Carles Denia, Maria del Mar Bonet, Lidia Oujol, Marina Rossel, Raul Rodriguez, etc... His extensive studying and musical sensitivity have led him to work as a music producer.
Registration for the workshop is organized by CHOREA Theatre.
Registration is open until July 21st, 2016.
You can register by writing an e-mail, to the address: email@example.com
The registration e-mail must contain Your name and title of the workshop and short information about why You are interested in participating in the workshop.
- Complete payment for participation in the workshops must be transfered to CHOREA Theatre bank account during 7 days from the date of registration, otherwise the reservation will be canceled.
- Number of the bank account is: 30 1060 0076 0000 3200 0092 1568 (IBAN: PL). Write Your name and the title of the workshop in the title of the bank transfer.
- The deadline for transferring full payments for participating in the workshops to CHOREA Theatre bank account is July 27th, 2016.
- CHOREA Theatre will return the payment to the sender's account, if You resign from participating in the workshops until July 20th, 2016. If the participant resigns after July 21st, 2016, CHOREA Theatre will not be able to return the payment.
- In case if CHOREA Theatre will not collect the optimal number of participants, required by the workshop leaders, the workshops will be canceled and CHOREA Theatre will return all payments to the sender's account.
- On July 21st, 2016 CHOREA Theatre will publish the information about the status of the workshops on website of Retroperspectives Festival and send e-mail information to all participants.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available for participants during the workshops. CHOREA Theatre does not provide accommodation and meals to the participants. English will be used throughout the workshop.