Leader: Sandip Bhattacharya (India)
Title: 'Workshops of Indian rhythm'
Duration: 5 hours
Date: 26.08.2016 (Friday)
Time: 10 am - 3 pm
Place: room B_101, Art_Inkubator in Fabryka Sztuki in Lodz
Participants: Workshop indicated to percussion players and drummers.
Number of participants: 15-20 people
Price: 140 pln per person
Additional information: Participants must bring their own instruments like: tabla, bongo, conga, frame drum, djembe etc., and any other hand percussion instruments that can help to feel and apply the Indian Rhythm.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORKSHOPS:
During the workshops we will focus on understanding the background, system and application of Indian rhythm, through simple and advanced phrases and compositions. Reciting, clapping, playing will become the main part of the learning method.
Participants must bring there own instruments, like: tabla’s, bongo, conga, frame drum, djembe etc., and any other hand percussion instrument, that can help to feel and apply the Indian rhythm.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LEADER:
Sandip Bhattacharya is a prominent name among Indian Classical music lovers. He was born and raised in India's oldest cultural and holy center, Benares (Varanasi). Descendant of an old musical family, he inherits the title Bhatta from his grand father, meaning master. Since early childhood Sandip learned from some of the most respected names in Indian music, such as Ravi Shankar and Zakir Hussein. Since the mid 90's Sandip resides in the Netherlands where he regularly works with musicians of the Dutch and European jazz and world scene, such as Jan Garbarek, Mari Boine, Sainkho Namchylak. Sandip has great experience in working with various groups, theater and dance productions, as well as giving solo concerts. He regularly tours throughout Europe and in his native India.
Registration for the workshop is organized by CHOREA Theatre.
Registration is open until July 21st, 2016.
You can register by writing an e-mail, to the address: email@example.com
The registration e-mail must contain Your name and title of the workshop and short information about why You are interested in participating in the workshop.
- Complete payment for participation in the workshops must be transfered to CHOREA Theatre bank account during 7 days from the date of registration, otherwise the reservation will be canceled.
- Number of the bank account is: 30 1060 0076 0000 3200 0092 1568 (IBAN: PL). Write Your name and the title of the workshop in the title of the bank transfer.
- The deadline for transferring full payments for participating in the workshops to CHOREA Theatre bank account is July 27th, 2016.
- CHOREA Theatre will return the payment to the sender's account, if You resign from participating in the workshops until July 20th, 2016. If the participant resigns after July 21st, 2016, CHOREA Theatre will not be able to return the payment.
- In case if CHOREA Theatre will not collect the optimal number of participants, required by the workshop leaders, the workshops will be canceled and CHOREA Theatre will return all payments to the sender's account.
- On July 21st, 2016 CHOREA Theatre will publish the information about the status of the workshops on website of Retroperspectives Festival and send e-mail information to all participants.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available for participants during the workshops. CHOREA Theatre does not provide accommodation and meals to the participants. English will be used throughout the workshop.