Title: 'Home 2.0.'
Creators: Vortice Dance Company (Portugal)
Direction: Cláudia Martins, Rafael Carriço
Choreography: Cláudia Martins, Rafael Carriço
Stage design / Video : Rafael Carriço
Costumes: Cláudia Martins
Technical direction: Nuno Martins
Light / Visuals: Paulo Formiga
Photo: Nuno Abreu
Cast: Cláudia Martins, Rafael Carriço
Date: 31.08.2018 (Friday)
Time: 7 pm
Place: Stage in Art_Inkubator in Fabryka Sztuki in Lodz, 3 Tymienieckiego Street
Tickets: 30 pln / 20 pln
Duration: 60 minutes (no intermission)
Viewer's age: 14+
DESCRIPTION OF THE PERFORMANCE:
Performance 'Home 2.0' created by Vortice Dance Company form Portugal is inspired by first psychosocial experiment 'At Home in Space' leaded on board of the international space station. It examines how astronauts from all over the world make the station feel like home, far from friends and family, in an often very stressful space environment. Astronauts must make a unique and spontaneous adaptations when living in space. They are faced with isolation, loneliness, high stress levels, and cramped quarters with new roommates. Despite this they develop a shared space culture that is an adaptive strategy for handling cultural differences and they deal with the isolated confined environment of the space craft by creating a home in space.
Inspired by Dr. Phyllis J. Johnson's 'At Home in Space', performance 'Home 2.0' addresses a close relationship between the astronaut and the earth, nature, affections. In the discovery of space, she finds ways to bridge those absences and recreate a new home... "Home is where the astronaut is". It is a piece with a contemporary scenic plasticity, which through the multimedia component, plunges into the future, into the habitability of new planets, into the multiuniverses.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE ARTISTS:
Vortice Dance Company was founded by theatre directors and choreographers: Cláudia Martins (1979) and Rafael Carriço (1976) in 2001. Its artistic career has been characterized by international tours and the recognition of critics and audiences from more than thirty countries on five continents. Vortice Dance Company have developed an international profile with their catalogue of critically acclaimed, award winning touring shows: 'Dracula', 'Soliloquy about Wonderland', 'Your Majesties', 'Welcome to the Anthropocene', 'Fátima, The day the Sun danced', among others. Their work have been recognized for the audience and for the critic of many different countries, like: Japan, China, Qatar, France, Romania, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Brazil, Latvia, Hungary, Belgium, Angola, Italy, Marocco, Portugal, Mexico, Macedonia, USA, etc.
Global touring Vortice Dance Company make their work with a stunning performances, effortlessly combining virtuoso ballet, contemporary dance and visual theatre with incredible stage design. They explore dance in a strong relationship with the surrounding space, set design and new technologies. As choreographers and creative team they have been working with a variety of theatres, opera houses, ballet companies, for example: National Opera Macedonia, Angola Contemporary Dance Company, Franco Dragone Group, Dirk Decloudt, Aynil, Afroreggae, etc. The duo of choreographers are regularly invited to choreograph and participate in national and international co-productions. Their creative work also includes large television productions.
Vortices Dance Company was awarded with:
- UNESCO Grand Prix of Choreography at Phillip Morris, Ballet and Choreography Competition, given by Tarja Halonem, President of Finland, at the Opera of Helsinki, Finland, 2001
- Audience Award, on 4th Japan International Ballet & Modern Dance Competition, given by Your Highness Prince Takamado and Maia Plisetskaya, Japan
- Phillip Morris Recognizement Award, on 7th International Baltic Ballet Festival, given by Vaira Vike-Freiberga, President of Latvia, at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
- Audience Award, on Best Solo and Duet Festival, at Trafo House of Contemporary Arts in Budapest, Hungary, 2005
- Phillip Morris Recognizement Award, on 9th International Baltic Ballet Festival at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
- 1st Prix Professionnelle on Printemps de la Danse, Gland, Suitzland, in 2001
- Finalist on Contemporary duet in the 9º Concours International de Danse de Paris, France
- Recognizement Award on 13th International Baltic Ballet Festival at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
- Honorable Mention | Ourém City, Portugal, 2003
Vortice Dance Company presented its shows in: Helsinki Opera House, Macedonian Opera House, National Opera of Riga, National Opera of Romania, National Theater of Romania, Cultural Center Villa de Madrid, National Dance Theatre in Budapest, Theatre Odeon in Bucharest, Aichi Prefectural Art Theater in Nagoya in Japan, Forum Grimaldi in Monaco, Trafo House of Contemporary Arts in Budapest, Theatre Des Champs Elyse’s in Paris, Forum des Halles in Paris, Theatre Mohammed V in Rabat in Marroco, Gare TGV Liége-Guillemins in Belgium, Theater Jovellanos in Dijon, Copenhagen Denmark Opera, Theatre Communal in Bolzano, Theatre Comunale di Carpi, Gran Teatro Cádiz, Qatar Foundation, Teatro Bradesco in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Olympia Theater in Miami, Salvatore Capezio Theater in NYC.
- First trailer of the performance 'Home 2.0.'
- Second trailer of the performance 'Home 2.0.'