Master Class with Irena Jun
Master Class with Irena Jun (Poland)
Date: 01.09.2018 (Saturday)
Time: 2 pm - 5 pm
Duration: 180 minutes
Place: Workshop room in Fabryka Sztuki in Lodz, 3 Tymienieckiego Street
Price: 60 pln
Workshop dedicated to: actors, students of acting and theater studies, cultural animators and theatre instructors
Number of participants: 15
Age of participants: 16+
Important information: Participants must memorize fragments of poetic texts, which will be send to participants on 20th August 2018. We ask participants to bring comfortable outfit and shoes.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORKSHOPS:
Workshop devoted to speech technology and the ability to interpret a poem. The program of the workshop assumes improvement of the speech technique, work on expressiveness of speech, manipulation of means of expression and learning the principles of effective communication and different ways of interpreting well-known classical texts.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LEADER:
Irena Jun - actress and director, one of the world's greatest performers of the Beckettian roles, lecturer at the National Academy of Dramatic Art in Warsaw. In 1958, she graduated from the Faculty of Acting of the AST National Academy of Theatre Arts in Krakow. She has appeared in theaters all over Poland, but she is most connected with Warsaw. She is a part of Studio Theatre team since every beginning. She played in the majority of her directors' performances: Józef Szajna and Jerzy Grzegorzewski. In the eighties, she became famous as the author of outstanding roles in the performances of Antoni Libera based on the texts of Samuel Beckett.She played Woman 2 in "Comedy" (1985) and Nell in "Końcówka" (1986) with Tadeusz Łomnicki, but her greatest achievement was three Beckett monologues: "Not I", "Footfalls", and "Rockaby" from 1985. She also performed with such directors as Mariusz Treliński, Piotr Cieplak, Oskaras Koršunovas, Grzegorz Wiśniewski and Agnieszka Glińska. In Studio, she also directed her own performances: Biesiada u hrabiny Kotłubaj', “Filozofia po góralsku” and 'Oniegin'.
Currently, she can be seen, among others, in Radoslaw Rychcik's "Ripley Under the Ground". As a master of words she is also the author of many monodrams, intimate performances and poetry evenings, which Irena Jun organizes in her One-man Theater of Poetry. Her repertoire includes works by Mickiewicz, Gombrowicz, Miłosz, Szymborska and Rymkiewicz. In 2008 she received the Gold Medal for Merit to Culture Gloria Artis.
REGISTRATION TO THE WORKSHOP:
Registration to the workshop is organized by CHOREA Theatre.
Registration is open since 10th July 2018.
You can register by writing an e-mail, to the address: email@example.com
The registration e-mail must contain Your name and title of the workshop and short information about why You are interested in participating in the workshop.
- Complete payment for participation in the workshops must be transfered to CHOREA Theatre bank account during 7 days from the date of registration, otherwise the reservation will be canceled.
- Number of the bank account is: Alior Bank: 95 2490 0005 0000 4530 5405 9285 (Swift code: ALBPPLDW). Write Your name and the title of the workshop in the title of the bank transfer.
- CHOREA Theatre will return the payment to the sender's account, if You resign from participating in the workshops until 10th August 2018. If the participant resigns after 10th August 2018, CHOREA Theatre will not be able to return the payment.
- In case if CHOREA Theatre will not collect the optimal number of participants, required by the workshop leaders, the workshops will be canceled and CHOREA Theatre will return all payments to the sender's account.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available for participants during the workshops. CHOREA Theatre does not provide accommodation and meals to the participants. Polish will be used throughout the workshop.