Master Class with Vortice Dance Company
Master Class workshops with Claudia Martins i Rafael Carriço, Vortice Dance Company (Portugal)
Date: 01.09.2018 (Saturday)
Time: 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
Duration: 180 minutes
Place: Workshop room in Fabryka Sztuki in Lodz, 3 Tymienieckiego Street
Price: 60 pln
Workshop dedicated to: dance students, professional dancers, dance instructors
Number of participants: 15
Age of participants: 14+
Important information: We ask participants to bring comfortable clothes, socks or dance shoes.
DESCRIPTION OF THE WORKSHOPS:
The creators of Vortice Dance Company will conduct workshops based on the choreography presented at the Retroperspektywy Festival in the performance "Home 2.0." The workshop participants will learn how to take a breathtaking dance, performed between amazing visualizations, to the workshop room. They will find out how many attempts, hours of work, precision and hardship lies behind the scenes of spectacular dance shows.
The workshpop will start with a warm-up, followed by the passage of body language / sequences of moviment, that make part of the choreographic universe of the two choreographers and their pieces. Artists will also discuss a little about the process of creating the performance 'HOME 2.0.' and they will let the participant experience the movement inherent in it.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE LEADERS:
Vortice Dance Company was founded by theatre directors and choreographers: Cláudia Martins (1979) and Rafael Carriço (1976) in 2001. Vortice Dance Company have developed an international profile with their catalogue of critically acclaimed, award winning touring shows: 'Dracula', 'Soliloquy about Wonderland', 'Your Majesties', 'Welcome to the Anthropocene', 'Fátima, The day the Sun danced', among others. Their work have been recognized for the audience and for the critic of many different countries, like: Japan, China, Qatar, France, Romania, Spain, Finland, Denmark, Switzerland, Brazil, Latvia, Hungary, Belgium, Angola, Italy, Marocco, Portugal, Mexico, Macedonia, USA, etc.
Global touring Vortice Dance Company make their work with a stunning performances, effortlessly combining virtuoso ballet, contemporary dance and visual theatre with incredible stage design. As choreographers and creative team they have been working with a variety of theatres, opera houses, ballet companies, for example: National Opera Macedonia, Angola Contemporary Dance Company, Franco Dragone Group, Dirk Decloudt, Aynil, Afroreggae, etc.
Vortice Dance Company was awarded with:
- UNESCO Grand Prix of Choreography at Phillip Morris, Ballet and Choreography Competition, given by Tarja Halonem, President of Finland, at the Opera of Helsinki, Finland
- Audience Award, on 4th Japan International Ballet & Modern Dance Competition, given by Your Highness Prince Takamado and Maia Plisetskaya, Japan
- Phillip Morris Recognizement Award, on 7th International Baltic Ballet Festival, given by Vaira Vike-Freiberga, President of Latvia, at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
- Audience Award, on Best Solo and Duet Festival, at Trafo House of Contemporary Arts in Budapest, Hungary
- Phillip Morris Recognizement Award, on 9th International Baltic Ballet Festival at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
- 1st Prix Professionnelle on Printemps de la Danse, Gland, Suitzland
- Finalist on Contemporary duet in the 9º Concours International de Danse de Paris, France
- Recognizement Award on 13th International Baltic Ballet Festival at the Opera of Riga, Latvia
- Honorable Mention | Ourém City, Portugal
Vortice Dance Company presented its shows in: Helsinki Opera House, Macedonian Opera House, National Opera of Riga, National Opera of Romania, National Theater of Romania, Cultural Center Villa de Madrid, National Dance Theatre in Budapest, Theatre Odeon in Bucharest, Aichi Prefectural Art Theater in Nagoya in Japan, Forum Grimaldi in Monaco, Trafo House of Contemporary Arts in Budapest, Theatre Des Champs Elyse’s in Paris, Forum des Halles in Paris, Theatre Mohammed V in Rabat in Marroco, Gare TGV Liége-Guillemins in Belgium, Theater Jovellanos in Dijon, Copenhagen Denmark Opera, Theatre Communal in Bolzano, Theatre Comunale di Carpi, Gran Teatro Cádiz, Qatar Foundation, Teatro Bradesco in São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, Olympia Theater in Miami, Salvatore Capezio Theater in NYC.
REGISTRATION TO THE WORKSHOP:
Registration to the workshop is organized by CHOREA Theatre.
Registration is open since 10th July 2018.
You can register by writing an e-mail, to the address: email@example.com
The registration e-mail must contain Your name and title of the workshop and short information about why You are interested in participating in the workshop.
- Complete payment for participation in the workshops must be transfered to CHOREA Theatre bank account during 7 days from the date of registration, otherwise the reservation will be canceled.
- Number of the bank account is: Alior Bank: 95 2490 0005 0000 4530 5405 9285 (Swift code: ALBPPLDW). Write Your name and the title of the workshop in the title of the bank transfer.
- CHOREA Theatre will return the payment to the sender's account, if You resign from participating in the workshops until 10th August 2018. If the participant resigns after 10th August 2018, CHOREA Theatre will not be able to return the payment.
- In case if CHOREA Theatre will not collect the optimal number of participants, required by the workshop leaders, the workshops will be canceled and CHOREA Theatre will return all payments to the sender's account.
- Coffee, tea and water will be available for participants during the workshops. CHOREA Theatre does not provide accommodation and meals to the participants. English will be used throughout the workshop.